For any person, visual perception plays an important role. What separates many well-known companies from others is the understanding of how to attract attention with the help of product packaging. The perception of a brand doesn’t end with its logo.
And this is important for both product manufacturers and online stores, which can stand out due to the original and beautiful packaging of the order, unlike competitors who don’t pay enough attention to this.
Naturally, the product that the buyer orders from you should solve his problem, and bring benefit or pleasure. This is an indispensable condition for ensuring repeat orders and building a base of regular customers.
But in order to enjoy real success with customers, a brand needs high-quality product packaging that is an effective means of expressing and emphasizing the difference from competitors.
Also Read about Shipping To Amazon FBA Rapid Express Freight.
4 benefits of quality packaging
Any fact of taking care of the client and a quality approach to business add “bonus points” to you in his eyes. Packing an order in an online store is one of those elements, and here’s why.
- First impression
Interesting and thoughtful packaging is one of the surest ways to capture the attention of the buyer after the delivery of the order and create a positive impression that he will remember.
- Opportunity to stand out from competitors
First of all, it’s a kind of identifier that allows you to draw attention to your brand even after the sale and purchase transaction is completed. You can wrap the order in a regular plastic bag and paper, or you can wrap it in a beautiful box or branded package, with the logo and address of the online store on it. It’s a pity to even throw away such things, and, quite likely, they will still be useful to the buyer in some way.
- Expression of individuality
If you are selling high-end products, you can use appropriate materials to package them, which will emphasize the status. For example, a box made of hardboard in a color scheme based on your logo and with soft padding inside will look really sophisticated. And it is really inexpensive. You can even save on design by creating it in the package mockup tool.
If you are selling natural cosmetics, you can similarly use paper and linen bags, alongside custom sticker rolls for shipping packaging. Thus, you highlight those brand features that you need to, first of all, draw the attention of the client to.
- Informative aspect
When packing an order made in the online store before shipping, you can enclose a booklet in the package, in which you can indicate, for example, recommendations for the further use of the product. Or just add a beautiful business card or other informational materials.
Tips for packing orders from an online store
Both at the start of work and in the process of business development, the issue of packaging orders sent to customers doesn’t lose relevance for the owner of an online store. The key point to consider here is the need for delivery, and often over quite long distances.
The following recommendations will help you cope well with this task:
- In addition to the original packaging, no matter how reliable it may seem, additional packaging is needed, taking into account the need for transportation.
- It is necessary to exclude the possibility of access to the product without violating the integrity of the packaging, especially when it comes to expensive products.
- Strength is one of the main conditions since it is not known what “tests” the order can be subjected to during the delivery process. The box must withstand a possible fall from a height of 1.5 meters.
- Various fillers (polystyrene, etc.) fix the item inside the box well, softening possible impacts when falling.
- For fragile things, for example, when sending dishes and other similar products, it is better to take care of applying a sticker with the appropriate inscription. For example, “Caution! Fragile item!” Stick such a sticker on several sides at once.
With the growing competition in the market, the issue of packaging is becoming more relevant than it was before. The approach to the design of things purchased in the online store is becoming one of the elements of the strategy for building the company’s image.
Take care of a good product packaging design that reflects a creative approach and emphasizes the individuality of the company, as well as the safety of delivery.