If you are an Xbox user, then you’d probably be looking for ways to connect your Microsoft account with your Xbox console. Microsoft products and services are helpful when using the Xbox console. For this purpose, Microsoft gave Xbox users the facility to immediately connect their Xbox console with their Microsoft account. Https //www.microsoft.com/link code is a website that allows you to do so! It provides users with a unique login code that connects Microsoft products such as Office 365, Skype, and OneDrive in just simple steps.
Here in this article, we will discuss how you can connect your Xbox console or Xbox mobile app with your Microsoft account by entering the provided login code and enhancing your digital experience.
The importance of https //www.microsoft.com/link code for Xbox
Microsoft link code helps Xbox users instantly connect their Xbox console with their Microsoft account. Once the Microsoft account is linked, you can access several Microsoft products and services on your Xbox. Here are some of the reasons why www.microsoft.com/link code is important for Xbox.
Access to Online Gaming
As soon as you link your Microsoft account with your Xbox console, you get access to Xbox Live, which is an online gaming service for Xbox users. Xbox Live enables users to play games online with other players from around the world.
Moreover, players also get some discount coupons, free games, and other benefits such as cloud storage for game saves, which are a great relief in the long run.
By linking your Microsoft account with the Xbox console you can earn loyalty points from Microsofts’s loyalty program. These reward points are earned further by playing games, participating in the quests, and completing different challenges.
Xbox Game Pass
Xbox game pass is a subscription service that provides Xbox players with access to a large library of games. Linking a Microsoft account to Xbox consoles lets you get access to hundreds of games all free of cost.
In short, linking your Microsoft account to the Xbox console is important and allows users to access a range of different features which are not available otherwise. Also, no doubt it enhances the gaming experience to a larger extent.
Steps to Sign-In to Xbox Using https //www.microsoft.com/link
Linking your Xbox console with Microsoft account is easy. If you already know your Microsoft login credentials, there is no problem at all. Enter those login credentials, and you will be signed in to your account without any further verification.
In case, you only remember your Microsoft account, then you can follow these steps for the linking procedure.
- Turn on your Xbox console. Press the Xbox button on your Xbox controller and go to the Settings menu.
- Click on Profile and System option.
- Click on the option of Existing Xbox account.
- Next, in the new window, click on the Use Another Device option. It will show you a 25-digit alphanumeric code. Write it down or take a picture of it to keep it safe.
- Use any other device and open a web browser. Here, open the link https://login.live.com/oauth20_remoteconnect.srf.
- Write the 25-digit alphanumeric code in the space provided.
- Click on the Next option.
- Next, enter your Microsoft email ID, phone number, or Skype ID associated with your Microsoft account.
- Enter the password and click on the Sign in option.
- You are now done signing in! A notification will inform you that you signed in to the Xbox console. You can check your Xbox console for confirmation.
That is how easy it is to connect your Xbox console with Microsoft account and enjoy unlimited new features.
Steps to Recover Your Microsoft Account Password
If you are a person like me, it is most likely you also forget your account passwords. For people like us, there are some easy steps we can follow to recover our Microsoft Account password.
- Open your web browser and type https://account.live.com/password/reset in the search menu.
- Here, enter your email, phone number, or Skype name associated with your Microsoft account.
- Click on the Next option.
- Here, they will ask you to write the code they sent to your linked email. Enter that and click Next. You can also choose some different verification options like phone number etc. depending upon your easiness.
- Now, enter the new password and confirm it by entering it again. Remember: Your password must be eight characters long, and should include at least two of the following: lowercase letters, uppercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Click Next to save to a new password.
- Now you can sign in to your Microsoft account using a new password.
Add a New Microsoft Account to Your Xbox Console
You can add a new Microsoft account to your Xbox console by following the steps below.
- Start your Xbox console.
- Navigate to the settings menu.
- Select the “Account” option.
- Click on the “Add and Manage accounts” option and a new page will be opened.
- Select “Add a New Account” and choose “Microsoft account” from the list of given options.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions to add another Microsoft account by entering your login credentials.
- If there is a two-factor authentication enabled for this account, it will ask you for the security code sent to your email or phone number. Enter it to proceed.
- If all your details are correct, you will.be successfully signed in to your Microsoft account, and it will ask you if you want to make it a default account on the Xbox console. Click on Yes to do so.
- By doing so, you have successfully added a new Microsoft account to your Xbox console using https //www.microsoft.com/link.
Keep in mind that you can link multiple Microsoft accounts to your Xbox console, but you can sign in with just a single one at a time.
Https //www.microsoft.com/link code PS4
Many people are of the view that just like Xbox, they can also use this code with ps4. But this is not the case. This code is specifically for linking the Xbox console with Microsoft account. You cannot connect PlayStation4 (PS4) to your Microsoft account in this way.
However, there are some options available that can help you access and download some of the Microsoft applications, such as Microsoft’s OneDrive cloud storage, Microsoft Edge web browser, etc. on your PlayStation 4.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I enter my Microsoft verification code?
If you are using your Xbox console, then it will ask for a verification code when you enter your login credentials and press the Next option. This two-factor authentication is used to verify your identification as a Microsoft user.
Why won’t my Xbox app connect to my console?
There can be several reasons your Xbox app can not connect to your Xbox console. Some of them are mentioned below.
1. The Xbox app and Xbox console are not connected to the same network.
2. Your Xbox console is not turned on.
3. The antivirus or Firewall software of the device on which the Xbox app is running is causing the issue.
4. Your Xbox console is not set up to allow remote connections.
Where to Find my Microsoft Account 25-digit Recovery Code?
To find your Microsoft recovery code follow these steps.
1. Open your web browser.
2. Type in www.account.microsoft.com/security.
3. Enter your Microsoft login credentials in case, you have not already signed in.
4. Here, on the top right, you will see the option of Two-Step Verification.
Click on that option.
5. Scroll down to the Backup Methods section and click on “Recovery Code.”
6. Your 25-digit recovery code will be displayed on the screen.