Structure maintenance is the process of restoring or even enhancing the physical conditions and functions of a building. It includes a variety of procedures, ranging from basic care of plumbing, HVAC, and electrical to more complex procedures like landscaping management.
Table of Contents
Building maintenance can be a tedious job for building managers and owners, especially if they manage a large building or multiple premises. Building maintenance software automates several maintenance tasks.
This article will help you make an educated choice when choosing building maintenance software for your company.
Building maintenance software
Building maintenance software helps to build managers and owners manage repairs and upkeep. The program automates maintenance management and maintains regulatory compliance by tracking activities on a single platform.
Building managers may develop and manage work orders, equipment inventories, and planned maintenance using building maintenance software.
Building maintenance software features
When buying building maintenance software, check for these qualities:
- Asset-tracking. Track supplies, maintenance equipment, and building condition.
- Planned maintenance. Plan maintenance chores and assign assignments to on-site staff.
- Preventive care. Preventative maintenance ensures building lifespan. Routine maintenance reduces the risk of system failure.
- Order-taking. Streamline the management of work orders. Schedule, allocate and handle work orders from a single platform.
- Logistics. Track inventory, consumption rates, and supplier information.
- Billing/invoicing. Create and send bills and invoices from one platform.
What kind of buyer are you?
Before limiting your selections for building maintenance software, you must know your demands.
Let’s evaluate purchasers.
- Small firms are buyers with a few staff and restricted activities. They often had an in-house crew for one or two structures. Businesses require asset monitoring and maintenance scheduling.
- Midsize and big corporations handle many facilities. It might be a hotel chain or hospital with many buildings. Complex processes need a full array of building maintenance management software. Such purchasers would benefit from comprehensive work orders, inventory, billing, and invoicing capabilities.
Advantages of software for building maintenance
Facility managers and building owners might profit from maintenance software. Look.
- Building maintenance software ensures regulatory compliance, such as OSHA. Maintenance supervisors routinely break laws, resulting in penalties and litigation.
- Preventive maintenance reduces occupational dangers by monitoring the building’s condition. This increases the building’s longevity and avoids accidents caused by neglect.
- Building maintenance software can automate many manpower- and resource-intensive processes. These include scheduling maintenance services, managing approved suppliers, and tracking employee assignments and shifts.
Choosing the correct building maintenance solution is important. Here are some crucial factors to consider while choosing a software solution.
- For your company size, you’ll want to evaluate the subscription costs of different software to see which one has all the features you need at the best price.
- Technical assistance: Your staff may need software training. For optimal software usage, you need training courses and 24/7 customer support.